I found this song on the net today and it took me back to some childhood memories. To add, my music taste is very confusing so please don’t judge me. :)
This song is written by a talented song writer, Taylor Swift. Many argue she cannot sing (which I disagree) but Taylor can write a great song!
I remember sitting in on a conversation with a past 1st alternate Miss Mississippi pageant winner, whom I look up to, expressing the same thoughts from above and adding that she really hopes she stays morally clean for all these little girls who look up to her. Young girls need this type of role model in this foolish world today.
(Anyway, back to the song)
If you clicked the link embedded under the word song at the top, you noticed it is from the eyes of a parent not wanting the child to grow up and the child doing everything she can to do so. I told Ben a while back how I remember being that kid—wanting to hurry up to each milestone in life, like I was playing the game Life. Then when I would get to it, I would always think, well that part of my life is over and I can never get it back.
Ben and I dated for over 5 years and I knew within several months that I wanted to be with him forever and wanted that big wedding now! There I was, trying to grow up as fast as I could.
Now, a year after our wedding, we have a baby girl on the way and these strong emotions hit me. This is another huge adult moment/milestone in life that is quickly passing by. I can’t imagine what is going through my parent’s minds as they have watched within a year their baby daughter get married and now pregnant.
I remember a few days before my wedding, sitting on the floor teary-eyed thinking how I had waited for this moment since I was young and it was going by too quickly. Eight months of planning and now it is here. I sat there as tears began to gush letting my mind take me back to the day I packed up my room in Florence to head for Hattiesburg to live in the dorm at Carey. Puddle, the family lab, followed me everywhere sensing some type of change coming about. The ride to college seemed short because I was so excited to be living “on my own.” Then it was time for my parents to leave. Mom always leaves me notes; which I cherish each one. This one was different. She explained in my brief note that this was the first step toward adulthood. Wow, reality.
Now, I’m at another milestone in life—parenthood. Yes, it is an exciting time, but also a time in life that is going by so fast. The years have flown by. But don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to have experienced each milestone. It just seems to fly.
1 comment:
This was so touching. xlovex
Post a Comment