Thursday, we arrived a little late in the day and decided to look around the resort and relax before we met the family for dinner. Friday, was an all day swim fest at The Cribe. The pool at the condo, or should I say pools, were very entertaining. There was a lazy river (which is very relaxing for a 30 week pregnant woman) and pools for the kids and adults. I knew I needed to get all the pool time in while Ben wasn't there because he is a beach bum.
Everyone met up at The Crab Trap Friday night to eat and catch-up and then Saturday a bunch of the cousins met at the pool for the first part of the day then the beach for the afternoon.
As a kid, I loved getting in the ocean and pushing myself to get out as far out as possible, but not now. It scares me!! I was squealing like a kid as the waves would crash on me as I would get deeper and deeper. I know Ben is amazed at how much I'm a scaredy cat with the ocean. Once I'm out there, I am okay and have a great time...it is the "getting out there" part.
Twenty to thirty minutes after we reached our comfortable position in the ocean, Ben started to feel ill and I was so upset that we had to go. :(
Our last night with the family was Saturday night. We ended up at the local park to eat BBQ. We had a fun and laughed when the little boys started playing tackle football. They are adorable at that age! Watching them took me back to the movie called Little Giants.
Sunday, we did our traditional family devotional, which Garon led. It was a really touching devotional. He spoke on the impact of the Perry’s and what they meant to someone marrying in to the family.
Next year is Waco, TX. I dread the drive, but look forward to seeing everyone’s growing family.

No comments:
Post a Comment