Well, the good Lord was watching over his Pam this morning as she was on her way to work.
Mom left the house earlier than normal, five minutes to be exact. She was driving down HWY 469 following a little red car when a big truck topped the hill going extremely fast and smashed into mom pushing her into the red car in front of her. The Acura is totaled. Mom said the backseat is broken in half. I am amazed! I guess I forget how we aren't promised tomorrow.
It makes me think-Why did she happen to leave 5 min early? Why couldn’t she have left right on time? Maybe she saved a life—who knows? Mom did say that if he hit the car in front of her, it would have killed that person.
I love my mama.
Gigantic thanks goes to our close family friend, Mike Martin. I know he won't read this, but I want you to know that he has always been there for us. Mom called him since his house was within a mile down the road (Dad was at Mooreco). He got there immediately. I just wish I was closer.
On a funny note--guess where she is hours after the wreck?? Any guesses? At work. Dad got her a rental car and she headed to Hinds. Only Pam--right? Well, keep her in your prayers. Not only will she be working through a stove-up body tomorrow, but getting ready to celebrate her 55th birthday on Saturday! Ha! She doesn’t look it does she? Happy birthday Mama! I love you!
Yours,
Amy
1 comment:
Wow! I am so glad your mother is ok! She had angels around her car that morning didn't she. I know how much you love your family, and I really enjoy reading your blog Amy! :)
Post a Comment