
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. Mine was exciting and most of all relaxing. Ben called me right before New Years Eve and asked if I wanted to hang out at his place to ring in the New Year then the next day go to a friend's deer camp in Louisville, MS. Well, I didn't know hanging out at his place on New Years meant watching him write a paper for half the night. UGH! But, we ended December and began the New Year shooting some fireworks. Ask me about the “Bling Bling” fireworks.
Most girls roll their eyes when they hear the word “hunting” much less “deer camp.” I love it! Not as much as Ben, but I love spending time with him and enjoy going with him. Anyway, I was pretty pumped about going up north to hunt because I was for sure going to get a deer!
Have you ever heard the phrase “Whatever you do on New Years, you will be doing all year long?” Well, my mom would tell me that when I was a kid and I never cared about that until a few years ago. I started the day off great by waking up at a decent hour and tidying up the house—doing great so far, right? Yes. The plans were to leave after lunch and head north. We accomplished this task and ended up in the woods around 3:00. Right on schedule!
Ben and I decided to hunt together and we ended up seeing two does right after getting settled. He was pumped and tells me to come over and sit in his lap to shoot. I wasn't too excited about that because my heart was racing and I had to hold my HEAVY gun up and make a 300+ yard shot. Well...no need for excitement—I missed. Gosh! How can this happen again. I had NO PROBLEMS with the first deer I killed. I shot it from 200+ yards right in the heart. Why am I missing?!?! Very frustrating.. Anyway, I had no time to feel sorry for myself because Ben goes to shoot the idiot doe standing where the doe I missed was standing. Well, he missed!!
What a way to finish up a well-organized day! Anyone who knows anything about me knows I’m superstitious. Maybe my mother made me that way, but anyway, I’ve rubbed off on Ben. Being this way is not good for two worriers!
UPDATE: Five days after New Years, Ben and I have yet to see another deer. We are marked. I will definitely post updates over the year to let you know if this saying proves to be true. No worries—everything else went well that day!
Yours,
Amy
2 comments:
See? That's just karma telling you not to kill deer! Unless, of course, you supply your big sis with venison. Yum!
No karma. Deer are to be eaten like cows/chicken...
Post a Comment