So I have some catching up to do on my posts. First off—school is going great this semester. Some of the students aren’t catching on as fast as the ones did last semester, but no child is alike. Two, Ben has done a 360 in his spiritual life. He calls me energized about something new everyday. He and some teammates have been keeping each other in check. One guy called him last night after we got through eating with some friends to see how things were going with his prayer/bible readings. That guy also gives him verses to read. How awesome is that? A teammate! It brings tears to my eyes to see how God works and answers prayers. In the 4 years we have been dating, I have never seen him this happy. Only God can do this.
Please keep William Carey’s baseball team in your prayers. God really is working through Ben and the teammates. One player is trying to take in one teammate who has caused a lot of off the field problems and get him into church. It is working so far!
So Ben has me listening to all these old Christian songs from CDs I have let him have and he is wearing them out! He is real into Jeremy Camp and DC Talk’s Jesus Freak. You know that song came out a while back and he is playing it like it came out yesterday! I never knew the entire song until now! But I did find a verse in the song that really spoke to Ben and me.
“Separated, I cut myself clean
From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
Been apprehended by a spiritual force
And a grace that replaced all the me I’ve divorced.”
Well, some troubling news I do have to report is that Bear (see “Free!! Free!!...to a good home) got hit two days ago and broke his femur and pelvis. I know..Poor Baby! This dog definitely has 9 lives! My neighbor didn’t know what to do and thought he was going to die(I guess). So I packed him up and carried him to the vet. 1 day later, $200 of unexpected expenses—he’s back at Sandy Run Road. He isn’t the happiest camper, but you ought to have seen his tail wag when Ben & I walked in to pick him up. I keep telling myself that this was the right thing to do for God’s little creature—and it is, but it’s so hard taking care of him. It really hurts me seeing him hurt.
Anyway, the search is back on as soon as Bear gets better—Free!! Free!!...to a good home. I don’t want to see him go, but know that I cannot give him a yard to roam. He loves running around. I also cannot keep him pinned up in a doghouse either.
I don’t know the reason yet, but I will see why God led me to Sandy Run Road. Maybe for Bear—who knows. But, I do know that Bear has touched my life forever!
Yours,
Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy!
First of all, it is so great to hear how Ben is making a difference in the lives of those players. Baseball Players are a different bread! God is amazing and changes those who are said to be the unchangable! He really can move and motivate people through individuals like Ben! What great news! And in regards to the dog, I hope you find a great home for him!
Post a Comment